After two weeks of instense action, the T20 World Cup finally came to a close, as England beat Pakistan in the final to win the coveted trophy for the second time. While Sam Curran shone with the ball, it was Ben Stokes who once again stood ground for England with the bat to see the Three Lions through to win the tournament. Not only did England go home with the trophy, but they also went home with quite a hefty prize money.
Here’s a look at the prize money received by each team at the end of the T2o World Cup 2022.India finished with a prize money of ₹4.50 crore, while the other semi-finalists finished with a prize money of ₹4.19 crore. This was because India won an exrta match in the Super 12 stage than New Zealand. Among the associate nations, Netherlands, who cause the biggest upset win of the tournament over South Africa to knock the Proteas out of the tournament, fetched the best prize money of ₹1.85 crore.
Sam Curran creates history: England’s 24-year-old pacer Sam Curran, who won player of the match award in T20 WC final, scripted history by becoming first-ever male bowler to be named Player of the Tournament award in World Cup history. Curran bagged 13 wickets across matches in the tournament.
Check below some top stats from T20 World Cup 2022 final
- Most runs in T20 WC 2022: Virat Kohli (296 runs)
- Most wickets in T20 WC 2022: Wanindu Hasaranga (15 wickets)
- Most fifty-plus scores in T20 WC 2022: Virat Kohli (4)
- Most Centuries in T20 WC 2022: Glenn Phillips, Rilee Rossouw (1 each)
- Most sixes in T20 WC 2022: Sikandar Raza (11)
- Most 4s in T20 WC 2022: Suryakumar Yadav (26)
- Most Maiden overs in T20 WC 2022: Bhuvneshwar Kumar (3)