Saksham Scholarship Scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India and implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The scheme is especially meant for students with disabilities and aims to support and encourage them in pursuing technical education. Every year, disabled students get an opportunity to study further and prepare for their successful future with the help of Saksham Scholarship scheme.
When and how can a student apply for Saksham scholarship scheme? What eligibility conditions are required to be fulfilled for the scholarship? What kind of financial assistance is provided under this scheme? Find answers to all these questions in detail in this article. It acquaints you with all relevant information related to Saksham scheme including its eligibility, application process, award details, documents required and contact details. However, to start with, here is a brief overview of the scholarship for your reference.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – An Overview
|1.||Name of the scholarship||AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme|
|2.||Provider details||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|3.||Place of study||AICTE approved institutions in India|
|4.||Level of study||Technical diploma/degree courses|
|5.||Application timeline*||Between August and October (For the academic year 2022-23, the deadline is 31 October 2022)|
|6.||Number of scholarships||Not specified|
|7.||Award details||INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study|
|8.||Term of the scholarship||One academic year|
|9.||Application process||Apply online through the National Scholarship Portal|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Key Eligibility
AICTE has set certain eligibility conditions for students to fulfil to be eligible for Saksham scholarship scheme. These conditions are based on a student’s academic qualification, level of disability and financial need. However, the selection of candidates is made entirely on the basis of merit obtained by them in the qualifying examination. Mentioned below is detailed eligibility criteria for Saksham scholarship scheme –
- The scholarship is only open for students with disability.
- The level of disability should not be less than 40%.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 8 Lakh from all sources.
- The students must have taken admission in the first year of technical diploma/degree course at an AICTE recognised institution in India.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Application Process
The application process for Saksham scholarship scheme is available online. Every year, the AICTE invites applications from eligible students through its online portal within the stipulated application time period. However, for the academic year 2021-22, the applications for Saksham Scholarship Scheme are invited through the National Scholarship Portal. To make the application procedure easy and convenient, here is a detailed step-by-step description of how a student can apply for this scholarship –
Step 1: Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
Step 2: To begin with the registration process, click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register to create a new profile.
Step 4: After successful registration, login again to the portal by using the registered application id and password.
Step 5: Fill in the scholarship application form with all relevant details.
Step 6: Upload all necessary documents in support of your application.
Step 7: Finally, submit the application form.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Documents Required
Given below is the list of documents that are required to be attached while applying for the Saksham scholarship. The applicants should make sure that all documents scanned are in .jpg/.pdf/.png format. Also, it is advisable to ascertain that the size of the document is less than the size specified in the online application.
- Mark sheet of class 10/SSC examination
- Mark sheet of class 12/HSC examination
- Annual income certificate of the family in the prescribed format issued by the Tehsildar or above competent authority
- Admission letter to the first year of degree/diploma course issued by Centralised Admission Authority
- Receipt of tuition fee paid for the academic year
- Scanned copy of duly signed and stamped bank passbook seeded with Aadhaar details showing the name and photograph of the student, IFSC code and account number
- Applicant’s photograph and signature
- Aadhaar card
- Certificate issued by the Principal/Director/HOD in the prescribed format
- Certificate of disability issued by competent authority as per the format specified by the State Government
- Scanned and attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate (applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates)
- Duly signed declaration by parents claiming the authenticity of the information provided in the application in the prescribed format
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Award Details
What is the amount of scholarship disbursed under the Saksham scholarship scheme? What are the expenses covered under this scholarship? How many scholarships are disbursed every year? What is the process followed for the selection of scholars? Get answers to all these questions in detail in this section. Every year, a large number of disabled students are selected on the basis of their merit in the qualifying examination. The financial assistance rendered under this scheme includes INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, books, stationeries, software, equipment, etc. Besides this, no other additional grants will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges, etc.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme – Contact Details
In case you come across any query related to Saksham scholarship scheme, its eligibility, application process or selection process, you may contact helpdesk services offered by AICTE at email@example.com.