Saksham Scholarship 2022: The scholarship is for the benefit of specially-abled candidates who wish to pursue Technical Education. Such candidates also need an equal and fair opportunity along with ith support considering the distinguished situations. To ensure that, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has initiated this scheme and the AICTE will guide the implementation. To know more about the Saksham Scholarship scheme, its application procedure, eligibility, scholarship amount, and more, read the article given below.
Update: The application portal for the scholarship will be active till 31 October 2022.
Saksham Scholarship 2022
The AICTE is currently accepting applications for the Saksham Scholarship for the higher education of disabled students. This scholarship is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resources Development. As per this scholarship, the students who are studying in Degree or Diploma level courses will be awarded monetary awards in order to support their higher-level education.
This amount will cover the education expenses that these students have to pay on such a level. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 31 October 2022. The candidates who are interested and eligible to avail of the benefits under this scheme will have to apply online.
Highlights of AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2022
|Name of the Scholarship
|Ministry of Human Resources Development
|All India Council for Technical Education
|To support the higher education of disabled students
|Specially Abled Students having disabilities of more than 40%
|Rs. 50,000 per year
|Maximum 4 years depending upon the duration of the course
|Degree and Diploma Level Technical Courses
|Number of Scholarship Slots
|1000 (500 for Diploma and 500 for Degree)
|Application last date
|31 October 2022
Saksham Scholarship 2022 Amount
The Amount for Saksham Scholarship has been announced as Rs. 50,000 per year. A tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000 will be covered under this amount. In case, the Tuition fee is reimbursed for the students, this amount will be used for educational expenses such as Books or Electronics such as Laptops or Desktops. Transportation expenses such as Vehicle or Mobilisation Fees can also be covered in this award. Additionally, the application fees which are paid in order to appear for competitive examinations or any other exam can also be obtained from the same amount.
Moreover, specific types of equipment or software that are designed for visually impaired or speech and hearing disabled candidates can also be bought through this scholarship amount. The remaining Rs.20,000 will be utilized for awarding an amount of Rs. 2,000 per month for 10 months as incidental expenses.
Saksham Scholarship Slots 2022
Every Year, 1000 scholarships will be awarded to disabled students. These scholarships will cover higher education of such candidates in Diploma or Degree level courses in institutions approved by AICTE. 500 Scholarships will be for Diploma Students while the rest 500 will be for Degree course students. However, in the case of vacant scholarships, they will be automatically transferred to the other course slots. That is, if 500 Diploma scholarships are not completely utilized, the remaining will automatically be transferred into Degree scholarships and vice versa.
Duration of Award
The Scholarship will be awarded to first-year candidates for 4 years, which is the maximum duration of their course. However, for those who are in the second year of their respective course, that scholarship duration will get reduced to 3 years. The authorities ensure full coverage of the course of the selected candidates.
Disbursement of Saksham Scholarship Amount
The Scholarship will be safely transferred into the bank accounts of the candidates. While filling out the application form, candidates need to enter the details of their bank account. The authorities will select eligible candidates and use Direct Bank Transfer or DBT mode so as to disburse the award. No other method will be used for sending the scholarship amount to the candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for Saksham Scholarship 2022
Before applying for the scholarship, the candidates must closely observe the eligibility conditions. Scholarships will be awarded to applications on the basis of their application, documents that will prove their eligibility to receive the benefits. The following points need to be ensured if a candidate wishes to avail of this scholarship:
- The Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He/ She must be a student in the 1st or 2nd year of either Degree or Diploma course in an AICTE approved Institution.
- The candidate should be specially-abled with at least 40% disability.
- The total family income of the student must not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per year.
- The gap between the passing year of the post-matriculation class and the admission to a degree or diploma course should not be more than two years.
- A candidate who fails or drops out in the succeeding year will not be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship.
- The student must not be a recipient of any financial award in form of a scholarship or any incentive, salary, stipend or more under other Government programs during the course. The scholarship shall be discontinued in such a case and the candidate will have to refund the paid amount of the scholarship to AICTE.
Documents required for Saksham Scholarship Application
The following documents must be possessed by the applicant for this scholarship:
- Photograph and Signature of the Applicant.
- Aadhar Card of the applicant for identification proof.
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable.
- Income Certificate of the last financial year in the accepted format which is issued by an officer at least at the rank of Tahsildar.
- Disability certificate as accepted by the Government of India issued by the concerned Authority.
- Admission letter to prove the study in a diploma or degree course as issued by the Directorate of Technical Education.
- Certificate issued by the Head of the Institute.
- Receipt of the Tuition fee.
- Bank Pass Book of the Applicant which is linked to his/her Aadhar Card along with details such as Name and Photograph of the Applicant, Account number and IFSC code.
- If Applicable, Caste Certificate for reserved categories such as Scheduled Castes or Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
- A signed declaration by the parents ensures that the mentioned information in the application form is accurate and authentic. They need to also assure that in case of forging or false documentation or details, the scholarship amount shall be refunded.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Registration Process 2022
The candidates who qualify for the eligibility criteria must fill out an online application form. The only accepted mode to register for the scholarship is through the National Scholarship Portal. The candidates must fill out the applications properly since only the complete applications will be considered. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected and the candidates will not have a chance to reapply. Thus, observe the following procedure very carefully:
- Op[en the National Scholarships Portal at scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on “New Registration”. As a result, the page with registration guidelines opens up.
- Check all the guidelines carefully and tap on “Continue” after selecting the agree box for the terms and conditions.
- Enter all the required details marked with “*” and select the applicable options.
- Enter your mobile number to receive the One Time Password or OTP and verify it.
- Enter the captcha and click on “Submit” to register the application.
- Login into the portal by tapping on “Login to Apply”.
- In the dashboard, tap on “Apply for Scholarship“.
- Select the Scholarship as “Saksham Scholarship 2022“.
- Fill out the application form and attest the aforementioned documents in the required acceptable format.
- Review the application afterwards and press “Submit“.
Renewal of Saksham Scholarship Applications
In the case of candidates who wish to apply for renewal of their scholarship, they must visit the portal of “Scholarship for Pragati & Saksham Scheme“. Log in with the Candidate ID and then apply for renewal. The renewal candidates will have e to edit a few details and the applications will be treated as distinguished from the fresh applications.
Selection Procedure for Saksham Scholarship 2022
The candidates will be selected by the AICTE on the basis of their applications. However, there are limited slots. Thus, to award meritorious and deserving candidates, a list will be finalised. This list will contain the name of eligible applicants. The grades scored by them in previous examinations will decide the order of the list. A provisional list will be released on the portal and grievances will be accepted for a month from the applicants. After that, a final list will be released and the candidates who will make it to the list will receive the scholarship amount.
Important Links of Saksham Scholarship 2022
|Check NSP Official Portal
|NSP Portal Link
|Check Pragati & Saksham Scheme Portal
|Pragati & Saksham Scheme Portal Link
|Check Application Link
|Scholarship Application Link