Who gets the subsidy?
Explain that subsidy on LPG is given to the people from the economically weaker sections. Those whose annual income is Rs 10 lakh or more are not given subsidy. This annual income of Rs 10 lakh is calculated by adding the income of husband and both. The subsidy available on LPG cylinder is also different in all the states of India.
How to check subsidy?
- Login to the official website http://mylpg.in/ and enter your LPG ID.
- Select your LPG service provider and click on ‘Join DBT’.
- If you do not have Aadhaar number, click on other icon to join DBTL option.
- Now visit the official website of your preferred LPG company.
- A complaint box will open, enter the subsidy status.
- Now proceed to click on Subsidy Related (Initiatives).
- Now scroll down to the ‘Subsidy not received’ icon.
- A dialog box will open with two options, i.e. Registered Mobile Number and LPG ID.
- Enter the 17 digit LPG ID in the space provided on the right.
- Enter your registered mobile number, punch the captcha code and proceed.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- After going to the next page, enter your email ID and create a password.
- An activation link will be sent to the email id. Click the link.
- After completing the above process, your account will be activated.
- Again, login to the http://mylpg.in account and in the popup window mention your bank along with the Aadhar card linked to the LPG account.
- After verification, submit your request.
- Now tap on View Cylinder Booking History / Subsidy Transfer.
- Apart from this, you can also register a complaint by calling this toll free number 18002333555 for free.
LPG price hiked in May
Let us tell you that at present, the common man has to pay between 1000 to 1100 rupees for domestic gas across the country. In May this month, the price of a domestic gas cylinder (14.2 kg cylinder) was increased by Rs 50. After this, the price of domestic cylinder has gone up to Rs 999.50 per cylinder.