Your official documents like your Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Driving License, etc. are very important to you. Along with being your identity card in India, the Aadhaar card helps you to access many other government facilities.
The Election Commission has started a new process a few months ago, with the help of which you can link your Voter ID card with an Aadhaar card. Although this process is not mandatory, users who want to do so can do so by following some easy steps.
will be helpful for the government
Linking of Aadhaar card and a Voter ID card will help the government to find out whether a person is registered to vote in more than one constituency or more than once in the same constituency.
Explain that this drive has been started months after passing the Election Law (Amendment) Bill 2021. As we have told earlier that the poll panel has not made this process mandatory, but the commission is running a drive for it in different states. The poll panel has started this process to identify voters and check whether their entries in the voter list are correct or not.
How to link voter id with aadhar card
- If you want to link your Aadhaar card with your Voter ID card, then you can follow the steps mentioned here. Let’s know about it.
- First of all download Voter Helpline App on your smartphone.
- After this open the app and tap on the I Agree on button and press Next.
- Then go to the voter registration option.
- After this open the Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B).
- Now tap on the option ‘Let’s Start.
- After that enter the mobile number which is linked to the Aadhaar card and tap on Send OTP.
- Now click on the option ‘Yes I have voter ID’ and then press Next.
- After this enter the Voter ID number and select the state and tap on the Fetch Details option.
- Now click on the ‘Proceed’ option.
Finally, enter your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number and click on Done.