IMD Alert : Rain alert in 5 states in next 48 hours, drop in temperature, low pressure will be active, know details
There is a continuous change in the weather. The fall in temperature continues in Delhi. The knock of fog and haze has also intensified in the agricultural belt of North India. There is a possibility of rain in the southern states. There is a possibility of formation of low pressure on 24th November.
IMD Alert Weather Update: Changes in the weather are being seen continuously in the country. A drop in temperature is being seen in various states. On November 23, the minimum temperature can be recorded very low across the country. The temperature will continue to fall in Uttar Pradesh, while Bihar and Jharkhand are also witnessing a rapid change in weather.
The mercury has reached minus degree Celsius in Jammu and Kashmir. Heavy rain alert has been issued in 5 states. According to the weather forecast, a new cyclonic circulation is expected to form over North Andaman Sea on Thursday.
Rain alert in south
Moderate rain has been forecast in many parts of North Tamil Nadu Pondicherry as well as South Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema today. Light to moderate rain has been forecast over Tamil Nadu and South Coastal Andhra Pradesh. Fishermen have been warned not to venture into Bay of Bengal, Gulf of Mannar and Sri Lanka coast including Puducherry, Tamil Nadu.
In the country’s capital Delhi today, the minimum temperature is expected to be 9 degree Celsius and the maximum temperature is expected to be 24 degree Celsius, while in Uttar Pradesh’s capital Lucknow, the minimum temperature may drop to 13 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature in Jammu has reached 9 degree Celsius. Talking about Kashmir, mercury has been recorded in minus.
Light rain at one or two places
Earlier, the depression over Southwest Bay of Bengal has now turned into a deep low pressure area. After which the possibility of its weakening has increased in North Tamil Nadu and South Andhra Pradesh. Lakshadweep may see light rain at one or two places while cold winds will blow over northwest central and eastern parts. The weather will remain dry and the temperature will drop.
Talking about the hill states, the temperature in Shimla will be 11 degree Celsius today. There is no chance of rain or snowfall. Also, light snowfall can be seen in Mandi, Kullu including Kinnaur, Sirmour from the west of Uttarakhand.
Mumbai Maharashtra Weather
Mumbai’s temperature was 18.21 degree Celsius, Nagpur 13.6 degree Celsius and 13.51 degree Celsius respectively. According to the Regional Weather Forecasting Centre, the city will see mostly clear sky and the maximum temperature will be around 32 degrees Celsius.
Weather in the hill state of Jammu and Kashmir
According to the Meteorological Department, Srinagar recorded a minimum temperature of 1.4 degrees Celsius at 5:30 am today, while Jammu recorded 11 degrees Celsius. Gulmarg recorded 0.49 degree Celsius, Banihal 9.2 degree Celsius, Pahalgam -3.2 degree Celsius and Samba 8.8 degree Celsius.
Chance of rain in these areas
- Widespread rain and thundershowers very likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Scattered rain and thundershowers very likely over Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and South Interior Karnataka.
- Isolated rain with chances of lightning is expected over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Telangana, Coastal and North Interior Karnataka, Kerala and Mahe.
- The air quality is likely to remain ‘very poor’ over northern India and ‘poor’ over central, eastern, western and southern India
- A low pressure area over southwest Bay of Bengal off Andhra Pradesh-north Tamil Nadu coasts is very likely to move westwards and gradually approach south Andhra Pradesh coast up to Tamil Nadu-Puducherry coasts as it weakens further.
- Under the influence of this system, scattered to widespread rainfall is very likely over South Peninsular India.
- Light to moderate rain very likely at a few places over North Tamil Nadu-Puducherry, South Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema on 23rd November.
- A fresh cyclonic circulation is very likely to form over North Andaman Sea around Thursday, November 24, which is very likely to affect Andaman and Nicobar Islands.