Talking about other active weather activity, a low pressure area has formed over the Nicobar Islands only. It is expected to develop into a cyclonic storm at the mouth of the Bay of Bengal on Wednesday evening. Due to the storm, strong winds will prevail in the eastern region of Tamil Nadu till Thursday. According to the forecast of the Meteorological Department, this system will rapidly turn into a depression before landfall around Pondicherry.
IMD Alert: Major changes are taking place in the weather of the country every moment. Severe winter has started in the state of North India. Orange alert of heavy rain has also been issued in the southern states. In fact, the possibility of very heavy rain has been expressed in three states. The possibility of the low pressure in the Bay of Bengal turning into a depression has intensified today. Heavy rain forecast has been issued in 9 states while fog and cold wave alert has been declared in central India.
According to the information given by the Meteorological Department, the low pressure area over the Andaman sea is turning into a cyclonic storm. In many states of the South, there is a possibility of heavy to very heavy rains for the next 5 days. On the other hand, the weather is changing rapidly in North India. Heavy rain forecast has been issued in 9 states.
Changed weather in Delhi, havoc of cold wind
The effect of cold has started gradually in Delhi NCR. However, due to snowfall on the mountains, a continuous increase in cold is being seen in the plains. With the knock of mist and fog in Delhi, a drastic drop in temperature has started. However, people will have to wait a little longer for the severe cold. In the last few days, a rapid drop in the temperature of Delhi NCR was recorded. The minimum temperature has dropped to 6 degree Celsius. There is a possibility of fog on Friday.
Alert of cold wave in UP- Bihar
At the same time, the Meteorological Department has issued a cold wave alert in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Snowfall is affecting the plains. Cold is continuously increasing in the plains of Uttar Pradesh. It is raining in the states of South, while due to the low pressure of West Northwest Disturbance, cold wave will start in North India due to rain in many areas. In some districts of Bihar, cold wave can be seen in the second week of December. Due to the depression in the Bay of Bengal on the evening of December 6, cold wind will be seen in Uttar Pradesh.
Weather will change in Rajasthan next week
In many places in Rajasthan, the temperature has reached below 6 degree Celsius. State capital Jaipur recorded a minimum temperature of 10 degree Celsius. The knock of mist and fog has intensified in many areas. Due to the cold wind, a decrease in temperature is also being seen. Next week a fresh cyclonic system will be active over Jammu and Kashmir. Which will affect the weather of Rajasthan and Gujarat. At the same time, light drizzle can be seen in these areas.
Fog will increase in these areas, rain alert
- Scattered thundershowers with heavy rain very likely at isolated places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Light to moderate rainfall with isolated heavy falls very likely over Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and adjoining Kerala, Mahe, South Andhra Pradesh, South Interior Karnataka.
- There is a possibility of fog in the morning in Uttar Pradesh, North-West Punjab, South-East Karnataka.
- Scattered thunderstorms are likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- In Andhra Pradesh, there may be fog in the morning.
- The low pressure area over southeast Bay of Bengal and adjoining south Andaman Sea now lies as a well marked low pressure area over southeast Arabian Sea.
- The cyclonic circulation extends up to the mid-tropospheric levels. It is very likely to move west-northwestwards and concentrate into a depression over southeast Bay of Bengal by December 6 evening. Due to its becoming active today, the weather will change in many states.
- The cyclonic circulation is very likely to move west-northwestwards, intensify further into a cyclonic storm and reach southwest Bay of Bengal near north Tamil Nadu-Puducherry and adjoining south Andhra Pradesh coasts by morning of 8 December. There is a possibility.
- Under the influence of these 2 systems, heavy rainfall is very likely over Andaman & Nicobar Islands on 6th December.
- According to IMD, from the midnight of December 7, heavy rains may occur at a few places over South Andhra Pradesh.
- It is expected to increase in intensity on December 8, with isolated heavy to very heavy falls accompanied by rain at most places. Orange alert has been issued.
- There is a possibility of heavy rains in some areas of Tamil Nadu Kerala Andhra on 9th and 10th December.
- On December 10, isolated heavy rain would occur over Interior Tamil Nadu.
Another system will develop soon, in fact a fresh weak Western Disturbance is very likely to affect Western Himalayan region from the night of 07th December.
Cold wave in Bihar
The possibility of onset of cold wave in Kul district of Bihar from the second week of December has intensified. As soon as the evening sets in, the chill has increased due to the westerly wind. Bonfires have started appearing at various places. According to the forecast of the Meteorological Department, the effect of cold wave is visible. After December 15, the period of severe cold will start in many districts of Bihar. A rapid drop in temperature is also being recorded.
Mercury dropped in Jharkhand
Till the last week of December, Jharkhand has been predicted to experience maximum winter. However, there will be no drop in temperature in December for two-three days. The weather will remain dry and there is no indication of any major change in temperature for the next 2 days. Night temperatures are also likely to see a rise.
Temperature dropped in Srinagar
The weather is changing rapidly in Jammu and Kashmir. The temperature in Srinagar has crossed 3.4 degree Celsius. The coldest night of the season so far has been recorded in Jaisinagar. The mercury has reached below zero in entire Kashmir. According to the Meteorological Department, the weather is likely to remain dry. The fog will remain till December 8. A fresh Western Disturbance will be active over Jammu and Kashmir and neighborhood on 9th December. Due to which the possibility of light snowfall in the low-lying areas is increasing.
Heavy snowfall in Uttarakhand Himachal
Uttarakhand Himachal Pradesh is also witnessing a drastic drop in temperature in many areas while heavy snowfall continues in other areas and on the mountain tops. The fall in temperature will continue. The weather is expected to change from the next week of September.
Heavy rain for next 5 days
According to the Meteorological Department, there is a possibility of heavy to very heavy rain in Tamil Nadu’s Villupuram Mayiladuthurai Thanjavur Tiruvarur Pondicherry Karai tomorrow on 8 December. Regarding the forecast of the Meteorological Department, for the next 5 days, Andhra Pradesh Rayalaseema will see heavy rains in the next 24 hours at 2 places. There is a possibility of moderate rain in Andhra Pradesh along with thunder.