CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022: The CBSE board or Central Board of Secondary Education is awarding scholarships to Single Girl Child candidates. The Xth pass students will be covered with an amount of Rs. 500 per month for their educational expenses in Classes XI and XII. The girls who have performed well in Class X by scoring at least 60% marks will receive the benefits of this program. The application form needs to be filled out online through the scholarship page before the deadline. The schools will verify the respective candidates and soon the merit list of the students will be released. To know all about the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022, the application procedures, eligibility criteria and more, read the subsequent article.
The Central Board of Secondary Education in India will be accepting online invitations for their initiative of the Single Girl Child Scholarship. The candidates will have to fill out the form through the CBSE portal after checking the eligibility conditions. The students will be selected for the scholarships on the basis of merit. Only Single Girl Child Candidates who are studying in post-matriculation classes and have performed well in Xth boards will get selected to receive the funds in form of a monthly stipend. This amount can be used by them to cover their educational expenditures.
Highlights for CBSE SGC Scholarship 2022
|Name of the Scholarship||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE|
|Verification Authority||Respective Schools|
|Aim||To support Class XI and XII education of Meritorious SGC candidates|
|Beneficiaries||Single Girl Child studying in post-matric classes in CBSE schools|
|Amount||500 per month|
|Maximum Duration||2 Years|
|Amount Disbursement Basis||Monthly|
|Application Date||14 October to 14 November 2022|
|Amount Disbursement Mode||Direct Bank Transfer or DBT|
Aim of CBSE SGC Scholarship
The prime purpose of this scholarship is to ensure that girl child education is promoted. The CBSE is not only sustaining the Single Girl Child candidates but also ensuring that the initiative of Women Empowerment is supported. This is also an appreciation token for such parents who choose to live happily with a single girl and backed the idea of population control. Encouragement and Futuristic hopes will be provided to the recipients of this scholarship to pursue dedication and learn on the best front by taking up all the fresh opportunities.
CBSE SGC Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount for the Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 for Class X students has been fixed at Rs. 500 per month. The amount will be awarded to the selected candidates on a monthly basis for a maximum time period of 2 years. The number of scholarships that will be awarded is variable and depends upon the authority. The amount will cover the two complete years of Class XI and XII. The candidates cannot apply for the scholarship benefits post the completion of their school education.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Only Eligible candidates will be selected to receive the benefits of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship. The eligibility conditions must be observed carefully prior to the application process:
- The nationality of the applicant should be Indian.
- The student should be a female and the only child of her parents.
- The girls who are born as twins, triplets or more and do not have any other sibling, brother or sister, other than the ones born together, are also eligible as per the norms of the Government.
- The students should be in Class XI or XII in a school that is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- The tuition fee of the school that the student is currently studying in must not exceed Rs. 1,500 per month.
- In the next two years, the increase in tuition should not be more than 10% of the present amount.
- The applicant should have passed the Class X board with at least 60% marks.
- NRI candidates can apply only if they are pursuing their education in a school that is affiliated with the CBSE board and they satisfy the rest of the conditions. The only difference is that the tuition fee of the school for them should not be more than Rs. 6,000 per month.
CBSE Single Girl Chile Scholarship Application Procedure
Candidates who are interested in receiving benefits through the Central Board of Secondary Education Single Girl Child Scholarship for X Class students 2022 must apply online through the official portal. The following procedure needs to be followed in order to fill out the application form properly:
- Visit the official portal of the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE at www.cbse.gov.in.
- Tap on the option “Main Website” in the options that have been provided.
- The main portal for the board will open up. Scroll the home page to reach the elaborate menu.
- Tap on the option of “Scholarships or छात्रवत्तृि” to open the web page of all the currently available scholarships.
- In the given tabular menu, check out the “Single Girl Child Scholarship – 2022 (Fresh Application)” under the “Types of Scholarship“.
- Click on “Apply Now“.
- The options pertaining to the application will open up.
- Tap on “SGC-X – Fresh Application” to apply as a new candidate.
- The fresh application form will open up. Verify the student’s candidature by entering the Class X Board Examination Roll Number and the date of Birth. Click on “Proceed“.
- if entered information matches with the records of the CBSE, the applicant will receive the application form on the screen.
- Enter all the required information as asked in the application form.
- Finally, press “Submit” and print the application form after its submission.
Check Status CBSE SGC Application
After filling out the application form, the candidates can check the status by tapping on “Application Status” from the Scholarships options. The candidates will have to enter the Examination Roll number, Year of Passing and Date of Birth in order to check the Application Status. Click on “Proceed” and the status of the submitted application can be tracked.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Procedure
The applicants will get selected for receiving the benefits of the scholarship after verification of the application and candidature documents. Initial shortlisting will be entirely on the basis of the online application form. Hence, the candidates must submit properly reviewed and completed application forms. She must be eligible as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. The documents will be verified at the school level. The school where the girl will be presently admitted to will have to verify the application and process it further.
Hence, the girl should be pursuing further school-level education only from a school affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education in India. The child must have passed Class X with at least 60%. Only in this case, the candidate will get selected for the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded only to meritorious candidates.
CBSE SGC Scholarship 2022 Important Links
|Apply (Fresh/ Renewal)||Scholarship Application Link|
|Read||CBSE SGC Notice|