Bank Holidays Alert ! Banks will remain closed on these dates in December, customers should settle important work first
If you have some work related to your bank in the coming days , for which it is very important for you to go there. So, you should know that in the coming month of December, all government and private sector banks will be closed for a total of 14 days. Therefore, you should plan accordingly regarding the work of your bank. If your work is very important, then settle it in advance. Apart from different festivals, Sunday and second, fourth Saturday are also included in these holidays.
Here is the complete list of bank holidays
- December 3: Feast of St. Francis Xavier (Panaji)
- December 4: Sunday (all places)
- December 5: Day of polling in Gujarat Assembly Elections 2022 (Ahmedabad)
- December 10: Second Saturday (everywhere)
- December 11: Sunday (all places)
- December 12: Pa-Togan Nengminja Sangma (Shillong)
- December 18: Sunday (all places)
- December 19: Goa Liberation Day (Panaji)
- December 24: Fourth Saturday (everywhere)
- December 25: Sunday (all places)
- December 26: Christmas Celebration/Losoong/Namsoong (Aizwal, Gangtok, Shillong)
- December 29: Birthday of Guru Gobind Singh Ji (Chandigarh)
- December 30: U Kiang Nangbah (Shillong)
- December 31: New Year’s Eve (Aizwal)
RBI gives information about bank holidays
However, banks will remain closed for 14 days in the month of December. These include second Saturday and Sunday. However, online and net banking services will be available as usual. Let us tell you that the Reserve Bank of India i.e. RBI gives information about the holidays of banks on its official website.
Let us tell you that the central bank releases the list for the whole year in one go, seeing which information about holidays can be obtained. The Reserve Bank issues holidays in three categories which include Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday Under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday and Banks Closing Account. Under these three categories, all bank branches in the country, including government, private, foreign, cooperative and regional banks, all remain closed.
Nowadays, you can deal with a lot of work related to banks online as well. In this, one can get the facility from account opening to KYC verification. You can also transfer money online to any person. So even if the bank is closed, you do not need to worry much.