AICPI Index Numbers Released
The figures of the AICPI index till August have been released by the Labor Ministry. According to this, the index figures have increased by 0.3 points in August as compared to July. The figure had increased by 0.7 points in July compared to June 2022. That is, if we look at this way, there has been a total jump of 1 percent in the figure from June to August.
In June, where the AICPI index was at 129.2, in July the figure reached 129.9, while in August it has crossed 130.2. If the index rises by 1 per cent more in the coming months, then dearness allowance is expected to increase by 3 per cent. Actually, there will be an increase of 3 percent if the index is up to 131.4 points.
how much will be DA
If DA is increased by 3 percent, then it will increase to 41 percent. At present, 38 percent dearness allowance is being given to the central employees by the government. With 41 percent of DA, there will be a significant jump in salary. Let us see how much will the minimum and maximum basic salary increase with 3% DA?
Calculation on maximum basic salary
- Basic salary of the employee Rs 56,900
- Dearness Allowance so far (38%) Rs 21,622/month
- New Dearness Allowance (34%) Rs 23,329/month
- By how much dearness allowance increased 23,329-21,622 = Rs 1,707 / month
- Increase in annual salary 1,707 X12 = Rs 20,484
Calculation on minimum basic salary
- Basic salary of employee Rs 18,000
- Dearness Allowance so far (38%) Rs.6840/month
- New Dearness Allowance (41%) Rs 7,380/month
- How much dearness allowance increased by 7,380-6840 = Rs 540/month
- Increase in annual salary 540 X12 = Rs 6480